Shirt $14.99 New York and Co
Skirt $9.99 Forever 21
Tights and scarf were both from a small boutique in Northampton, MA that I don't remember. Tights were $6 and the scarf $7
Earrings $10 (but they came with 2 other pairs) ICING
I am experimenting with teal eye shadow to go with my shirt and tights. Normally if I go bold with my makeup, I will wear all black or muted colors. Today was a very daring day for me.
Some tips that you want to keep in mind are:
* moisturize your face first
* make sure you powder your face including your eye lids before you apply the rest of your makeup.
* To get that smokey eye, start with your eyeliner. Go 3/4 on top and 3/4 under, lining your lash line. Then apply your shadow of choice. Carry the color lightly over all of the eyeliner.
* Another good tip to keep in mind is to highlight your brow with a light, almost white eye shadow. You can use the same shade in the corner of your eye to brighten your face.
* I recommend that EVERYONE use mascara, even if it is all that you use during the day. It really completes your look. Just make sure you only keep your mascara for 6 months AT THE MOST! It gets really gross after that.
If you are afraid to try such a bold color like I did, feel free to use tans and pinks to get yourself used to application and trying the smokey eye. Pink eye shadow with brown eye liner and brown mascara is a great look for anyone.
Good luck ladies! Please post any photos that you have with your boldness!
Tune in this weekend where we talk about making your lip stick last!