Thursday, June 2, 2011

A day in the life of a frustrated shopper!

So, I don't usually complain-- and today I was going to write about finding your perfect bathing suit, but I neeed a minute to vent.

I am planning a long weekend with my best friend and I realized I don't have any nice summer clothes. I went to the mall. Since when is it okay to sell a $4 bedazzled tank top for $40? Just because it has your label on it, doesn't mean it is all of sudden worth 400 times more than it cost to be made. I get that they have to make a profit and that some items are higher quality. For example, I know if I pay $10 for a pair sneakers, I am lucky if they last an entire season. Seriously though, why can one store sell a camisole for $4 and another for $29?

Well, I gave up on the mall! I went to my favorite store, DOTS! I love that store so much! I follow then on Facebook and Twitter and get their emails for coupons. Thanks to their great discount today, I bought: 1 shirt, 1 dress, 2 pairs of capris, and 1 pair of shorts for $69. I love their variety of styles and that they have a great clearance section. I know I talk about DOTS all the time, but if you haven't experienced it, you need to! They have all sizes and they have cute clothes for plus sizes too. No "mom" jeans and elastic waistbands.

Thanks DOTS for being there for me since I was 13 years old! I hope all of my followers can appreciate such great deals!

Tune in next time where I dig in to shopping for bathing suits, jeans, and other HATED purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment