Saturday, October 1, 2011

October is here, is your closet ready?

As I was getting ready for dinner tonight, I realized that it was time to clean out my makeup bag again. I sorted everything and put them into zip lock bags to help the chaos. This got me thinking--- some of you might want to revisit my first few posts about cleaning out your wardrobe, cleaning out your makeup bag, and the essentials to your wardrobe. Sometimes it is good to get a refresher on things.

I also reminded myself this week about how great it is to hit clearance sales! I hit up Filene's Basement and Express while shopping and lucked out big time. I suggest that everyone check to see if you have a Filene's Basement in your area. It is very similar to TJ Maxx and requires some time, but they have some HUGE discount racks. And who doesn't love Express semi-annual box sales? I kind of lose my mind every time I see them!

I bought:
A cowl neck sweater dress (F.B.) 7.50
3 pairs of colored tights (blue, maroon, and black) (F.B.) 4.00 a pair
a Nine West black handbag (F.B.) 24.00
a maroon sweater (Express) 15.99
a red button-down fitted dress shirt (Express) 15.99
and a lacy black tank top (Express) 15.99

Grand total was less than $100--- I saved over $300!!!! It just shows that a little investigative shopping and creativity and really pay off!

Sorry for the short post, I just wanted to remind everyone that this is the time to stock up on end-of-season stuff and great new items for Fall!

Talk to you soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment